Monday, August 17, 2009

Good to Be Back

Well, I've been gone, a while, from the blog-o-sphere. I'm back, but I won't make any promises on how "back " I am. Though I've recently organized all my recipes, so that's inspired me to get back on here. I need a hobby and a creative writing outlet, so I've missed this.
Here's one of my new favorite recipes. So favorite that I'll probably wear it out soon.

Pasta Salad with Chicken, Raisins, and Almonds - from Everyday Food

Serves 4 - Prep Time: 15 min - Total Time: 25 Min

This recipe works well using leftover or rotisserie chicken. Yougur and lemon create a tart, creamy sauce without adding a lot of fat.

Ingredients:
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne rigate (or other short pasta)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional - but they are great!)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1. In a large pot of boiling slated water, coo pasta until al dent. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
2. In a large bowl, stir together pasta, chicken, yogurt, raisins, parsley, almonds, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Thin sauce with pasta water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate, up to 1 day.)

per serv: 484 cal; 9.9 g fat (2.3 g sat fat); 56.4 g protein; 41.3 g carb; 7.8 g fiber

No comments: